Agriculture is the lifeblood of Idaho. The State is changing and we are losing some of that identity every year. Kevin has shown that he supports the agriculture industry and fights hard to maintain our agricultural future.
- S1345 Holds people accountable for poor fences so that the open range laws are not abused. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2022/legislation/S1345/
- H126 Allowed the monitored and legal growth of Hemp in Idaho. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2021/legislation/H0126/
- S1380 Was a Rural veterinarian bill that would pay off their student loans if they worked in the large animal practice for 4 years. I agree with the majority in livestock production that there is a shortage of large animal veterinarians in the state. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel like this bill would fix the problem so I voted against it in committee. I have started to work with stakeholders to find a solution that will help get large animal veterinarians to rural Idaho. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2022/legislation/S1380/
- H25 Protected agricultural land from being annexed into cities without express written permission. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2019/legislation/H0025/
Protecting the unborn and born is a way Kevin is defending the God-given right of life. There needs to be a voice to protect those who do not have a voice. Kevin is a staunch supporter and promoter of pro-life legislation. He has supported every pro-life bill by co-sponsoring and carrying some of these bills.
- H302 We discovered that upon diagnosis of down syndrome in the womb, there was pressure from medical experts to abort the baby. This bill ensured that pro-adoption and positive down syndrome information was given to the parents so that they could make an informed decision about the benefits of choosing life. HOUSE BILL 302 – Idaho State Legislature
- S1049 Is a trigger bill to outlaw abortion in Idaho when Roe v. Wade is overturned by the supreme court. SENATE BILL 1385 – Idaho State Legislature
- H366 is the heartbeat bill from 2021 that makes abortions illegal after a heartbeat is detected. This would only go into effect after the ruling was upheld. That is what has happened in Texas. HOUSE BILL 366 – Idaho State LegislatureS1309 This bill is the enforcement of the heartbeat. It allows family members to sue a doctor or provider if they perform an abortion on their family member. Texas has seen a significant reduction in abortions since they passed similar legislation and we anticipate similar results. SENATE BILL 1309 – Idaho State Legislature
Kevin believes your right to bear arms is a Constitutional right that needs to be protected and preserved. He understands that we all have the right to defend our families and ourselves. Kevin has co-sponsored and supported many bills in his short four years that have protected this Constitutional freedom.
- H705 and S1262 Ensure firearm protection when in a State Emergency disaster situation. HOUSE BILL 705 – Idaho State Legislature
- H206 Lowered the minimum age required to conceal carry within city limits to 18. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2019/legislation/H0206/
Kevin votes for and supports funding education in Idaho. He believes that supporting education is supporting the future of this great state. He has fought to fund education adequately and remove progressive, anti-American teaching in our schools. Kevin voted yes to:
- H443- Provide educators with Statewide Educator Insurance plan HOUSE BILL 443 – Idaho State
- H377- Anti Critical Race Theory-Putting a ban on the teaching of Critical Race Theory in schools. HOUSE BILL 377 – Idaho State Legislature
- H716 Repealed Common Core from public schools. HOUSE BILL 716 – Idaho State Legislature
Covid-19 has given us a new perspective on health freedom. Kevin believes that all businesses are essential and that individual health care choices are just that, for individuals to make. Kevin voted yes to:
- H 719 Provides accessible religious exemptions for vaccine mandates. HOUSE BILL 719 – Idaho State Legislature
- H 415 insures that employers would have to allow for exemptions for workplace vaccine requirements.
- H 419 Employers wouldn’t legally be able to ask about employee vaccination status.
- H 429 was geared towards parents (and students 18 years old) to be free to opt out of masks, plexiglass, and other medical measures imposed at school.
A healthy business community is vital to Idaho’s communities and families. Kevin supports legislation to keep taxes low and limit the heavy hand of government.
- H291 The rights of business are ensured in this legislation despite any pandemic or emergency order. Unfortunately, this bill was not given a hearing in the senate. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2021/legislation/H0291/
Kevin is concerned about Idaho receiving too much Federal money with strings attached. Over 44% of Idaho’s spending was federal money this past year. He believes in limiting government spending and reducing taxes.
H436 Income tax relief, $600 million HOUSE BILL 436 – Idaho State Legislature
H 380 Income tax relief in 2021, the second-largest tax cut in Idaho history, approximately $250 million. HOUSE BILL 380 – Idaho State Legislature
- 410 Unlawful to terminate because of vaccination status HOUSE BILL 410 – Idaho State Legislature
- 419 Don’t ask don’t tell vaccination policy HOUSE BILL 419 – Idaho State Legislature
- 427 Don’t have to disclose medical information HOUSE BILL 427 – Idaho State Legislature
- 415 Establishes exemptions for religion, antibody, the positive test, or at-risk individuals HOUSE BILL 415 – Idaho State Legislature
- 2022 H 756 Crisis Standards of Care. This bill will ensure that Idahoan’s rights are protected when a hospital goes into Crisis Standards of Care due to a pandemic. HOUSE BILL 756 – Idaho State Legislature
- H675 Genital Mutilation Bill. This bill would stop the practice of irreversible sex altering surgeries for minors. HOUSE BILL 675 – Idaho State Legislature
- H666 Libraries currently have an exemption from an anti-obscenity law for children. This bill would remove that exemption so that libraries could no longer allow obscene and pornographic material to be given to children. HOUSE BILL 666 – Idaho State Legislature
The recent Presidential election showed that many in our nation have concerns about election integrity. Kevin serves on the House State Affairs committee that deals with election law. He supports continual and enhanced support of election laws that will ensure that every registered voter can have supreme confidence in the election.
- 2021 H137 to have Post Election audits.
- H694 Makes the deceased a public record to help ensure that they are not still on the voting rolls. https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/billbookmark/?yr=2022&bn=H0694&su=SOP